Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Natural Disasters, a lot to Write, and Life to Study

Today in Hattiesburg we had what the weather service define as a "Flash Flood." I understand why. I got caught in it on my way home from running errands . . . (bank, library, post office) . . . and it was, well, amazing. The water was up to my knees at least in some places, and well up past the wheel wells of some cars. I was running through it trying to get out of these huge pools of water before a Flash of lightning came down and gave me a real nice toast. Anyway, I feel very sad for everyone whose cars got flooded. I know some of them probably won't work anymore. I hope everyone has flood insurance.

I don't have a car, so I avoided catastrophe. However, I was at a much higher risk of getting struck by lightning than most people, except Monica, who ventured out into the storm to driver her car away and save it. If Monica could do it, everyone else should have been able to do it to! She is by no means lithe and agile, and yet she managed to do it.

See what I mean? There are always two sides to every position.

Other than that, I LOVE the folks at IEs4Linux for being awesome enough to make IE available for, well, Linux.

Anyway, I have to get back to studying now.

I downloaded a bunch of music creation software today (free software, linux software, done right) so I'll be creating some music in the future. It will be good, or it will be bad, but either way, I will see that it is good.

Blessings all,
Matthew

No comments: